The Structural Transformation to Attain Responsible BIOSciences (STARBIOS2) has received funding from the Horizon 2020 programme. This is a data protection notice to inform you about how we process the personal data that you submit to STARBIOS2 using www.starbios2.eu web interfaces (e.g. contact forms or registration forms).
When you agree to submit your contact information to the STARBIOS2 consortium, we commit to process and protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements, restrictions and purposes set out in this notice. Any personal data that can identify you as a person, either directly or indirectly, is processed in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 and national data protection laws.
STARBIOS2 data controllers are individuals or bodies that (either alone or together with others) determine the different means and purposes by which your personal data is processed. The STARBIOS2 data controllers for data submitted through our web interfaces are:
The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal data
The STARBIOS2 project will only process your personal data to
- share our results and other project outputs with you via e-mail, web, social media and newsletters.
- invite you to project events.
We only collect the personal data that are necessary to achieve the purposes listed above and no other purposes. We will not share data with third parties (people that are not in the STARBIOS2 project).
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent. you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. It is important to know that this will not have any negative consequences for you. An additional legal basis on which we process your personal data is our legitimate interest to communicate with you, our project’s stakeholders.
Who receives and processes your personal data
Any personal information you enter here will be received and processed by Uppsala University. If required, this data may be processed by other members of the STARBIOS2 consortium. You will find a list of partners here: starbios2.eu/project-consortium.
Access to information is restricted to members of the consortium using access controls, which include secure logins to STARBIOS2 data repositories.
The period and nature of processing, and the rights of the individual:
The personal information you provide in STARBIOS2 website interfaces will be used until the purpose for which it was collected ends. Your data may be archived for ten years after the project ends (April 2020), or until you withdraw your consent. After either of these points, your data will be deleted. In addition, you have the right to:
- request that the controller(s) give you access to the personal data pertaining to you that is in our possession.
- request that the controllers to correct any errors in your personal data to ensure it is accurate.
- request that the controllers erase your personal data.
- request that the controllers restrict our future processing of your personal data,
- object to our processing of your personal data.
- data portability, i.e. that the data controller, upon your request, should provide you with a copy of all the data that we have about you in a commonly used, machine-readable and structured format.
- withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we will cease further processing of your personal data. Please note that withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed before you withdrew your consent.
- place a complaint with a national data protection authority or other supervisory authority.
By submitting my contact information to STARBIOS2
I freely consent to the processing of my personal data by STARBIOS2 for the purposes listed above.
I acknowledge that I have been informed of my rights in relation to the processing of my personal data by the STARBIOS2 project and that I understand my rights.